There’s a new controller on the market; the Electrix Tweaker!
It looks like a mixture of bubblegum and tasty treats.
This little beauty has been designed with both Traktor and Ableton users in mind. Featuring 32 pads with multi-colour feedback as the main grid, 8 backlit, velocity sensitive pads with after touch above and 6 encoders also with lights, this thing is guaranteed to light up the show!
For Traktor users: Tweaker ships with Traktor LE 2 and includes mappings for Traktor Pro 2, so you can get right into it straight out the box. You can use the velocity pads for effects, the grid for hot cues and loops, and the multi function encoders for EQing, beatjumping or any other Traktor setting you like. There is an editor included that allows you to rejig all the controls and customize it for your style or requirements. This is lot necessary as Electrix say the settings it is already programmed with are great for anyone to get started.
The Tweaker come with some nifty little screw in legs that raise it to the standard height for most DJ mixers, so it will slot rather nicely into your set up. Although if your anything like me, you’ll probably end up with just three legs left after a couple of gigs (let’s hope they make replacement legs easy to come by).
- 2 Channel DJ mixer style interface
- 32 Button grid with multicolor LED feedback
- 8 Backlit velocity sensitive pads with aftertouch
- 6 Push encoders with LED rings
- Intuitive navigation controls with 5-way selector and large push encoder
- USB bus powered
- MIDI In and Out ports
- Removable height extension legs
- Plug and play on Mac and PC
- Dimensions: 11″ x 10.5″ x 1.75″ (279mm x 267mm x 44.5mm)
The Tweaker retails at $399.99 – For more info head over to ElectrixPro.com