One question with regards to Recording with Traktor iPad App has been coming up a lot amongst Traktor Tips Readers and on many DJ forums around the web:-
How do I get my DJ Mix Set Recording off my iPad?
Well, here in this video and in the below text is your answer:-
Recording your Mix
It is very simple to initially record your mix – the button on the iPad in the top right corner that looks like a ‘speaker’ symbol; contains a record button, pressing it turns it red and begins recording.
Once you have completed your mix, you can press it again to stop recording.
Getting your Mix off your iPad
You have to connect your iPad to your computer and open up iTunes in order to get access to your new recording.
- Navigate to the iPad in iTunes
- Head to the Apps section.
- Scroll down inside the Apps page (the entire page – not just the list of Apps) to the ‘File Sharing’ section of the page. Here you will see all the Apps that are capable of File sharing.
- Click on the Traktor DJ App, doing so will cause you to discover a list of documents on the right side under the ‘documents’ heading. Each one of these files is a DJ mix recording that you performed on the Traktor DJ iPad App.
The files are labelled by date and time so you can easily see which mix you want to use.
- Highlight one of the mixes by clicking on it and then in the bottom right corner of this documents window, you will see two buttons: ‘Add…‘ & ‘Save…‘
- Clicking save will open up your hard drives browser enabling you to select a Save location.
- Chose where you would like to save this mix and Hey Presto – you now have your iPad DJ Mix on your computer for you to use however you wish.
Don’t forget to check the quick 5 minute video above to see it for yourself.
Now you know how to save your recordings, it’s time to submit your mixes for featuring on Traktor Tips.