Broadcasting to MixLR with Traktor recently became easier. This tutorial will show you how to broadcast your DJ sets live to MixlR with Traktor and the Kontrol S4. Many other controllers will follow the same rule.
Broadcasting on MixLR with Traktor
MixLR recently launched a new App, which is still in Beta testing, but for me seemed to work pretty flawlessly. It enables you to broadcast your DJ Mix right from your bedroom or club, to all your friends online.
Once you have set up an account at MixLR, you can downloaded the App and Sign in. I recommend connecting MixLR to your Facebook and Twitter accounts as it means you can announce to your friends each time you go live. This will help you build an audience.
How to Connect your Controller
I will be using the Traktor Kontrol S4, but the same principle applies to all other similar midi controllers. The ‘How’To‘ on the MixLR page uses a Hercules controller and the same principle applies.
- Once you have created an account at MixLR you need to download the MixLR App.
- Chose the recommended option (instructions in the video below).
Once installed you can simply open up traktor and connect up your S4 (if it’s not already)
- Connect your S4 in the normal way.
- Set the Audio settings to the Kontrol S4 and the latency to 512.
- Set the Output routing to Internal.
- Connect you Main Speaker out to your Speakers.
- Use a second RCA connector with 1/4 inch jack adaptors on one end to connect the Jack output on your S4 to the RCA inputs 1 & 2 on your S4.
- Fire Up MixLR.
- In the Audio Panel, select from the drop down which Audio Source you want.
- Select Kontrol S4 Channel 1 & 2 – (this is the channel that you sent the secondary output to).
- Check you have the little ‘line/phono’ switch, set to ‘line’ on that input.
Now you should play a track on the S4 and make sure you can see the level meter display in your MixLR app.
Now you are set up to use Mixlr with Traktor you can also share your mixes to Facebook & Twitter.
Check out the short 3 minute video below and follow along with the setup – Once you are all set up, feel free to post your MixLR links in the comments……
Want to broadcast using Traktor Kontrol S2?